Thursday, June 4, 2009

Featured Seller - Jewelry of Lav

What part of the world are you in?

Sunny Shining Singapore, (at least for most of the year)

What does customer service mean to you?

It means taking time to understand my customer's needs and requirements and using 101% of my creativity, energy and time to meet their needs and requirements. It also means becoming friends with my customers & be their approachable jewelry designer.

What is your most memorable experience with a customer?

There are too many to be mentioned. In fact, many left wonderful and encouraging comments and praises of my jewelry after their purchases. Some even send me Christmas gifts and encouraging cards when I was feeling down due to personal reasons.

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?

I guess it would be my after sale service. I love to give my earlier collections new lease of life, even if they have been subjected to years of wear and tear. As long as my customers send me a note or email to request for such a service, I would gladly provide, with no service charge required. Customers need only pay for new parts used.

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

Actually, a lot of things I learned are from trial and error. I make PLENTY of mistakes and also learn from them.

What is your goal for the next year?

My goal is for Jewelry of Lav to continue its steady grow in its online and offline presence. More specifically, as my customers are mainly from Asia, I hope to bring Jewelry of Lav beyond Asia to the different corners of the world.

What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?


Firstly, it's my passion for making things beautiful, and in this case, my jewelry beautiful and unique. I'm inspired a lot by beautiful things. So, the more I look at my jewelry and my lovely supplies, the more motivated I become in creating pretty jewelry pieces that tell beautiful stories. Secondly, my customers' feedback and praises of my jewelry keep me motivated. Well, I keep a list of all the lovely positive comments from all my customers and would look at the list to give myself reasons to push on, especially in the current time of economic crisis. Lastly, it would be my children. In order to stay at home to take care of them, I know I have to make my business successful, at least successful enough to allow me to not have a full time work outside home. :)

What do you do to attract new clients and encourage repeat business?

I offer various promotions, discounts and offers and most important great service and after sale service.

If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?

Find out more from accomplished ones and understand the time, financial resources and commitment needed, to assess if this business is truly for you. If possible, learn from a good teacher to avoid making unnecessary mistakes and to jump start your business. Most importantly, believe in yourself, and believe in miracles!


*SPECIAL OFFER FOR OUR BLOG READERS - JEWELRY OF LAV*
Mystery gift for buyers who spend a minimum of $50 USD and mention this blog!


Terrific interview Lav, thank you for taking the time to speak with us and share your beautiful collection with our readers. We just love the bursting colours and beautiful selection of pieces on your website. Please check out
http://jewelryoflav.com/ for more unique jewelry pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment