Monday, March 9, 2009

Featured Seller - 3Sister

What part of the world are you in?
In the good ol’ state of Utah. Born & raised.


What does customer service mean to you?

I stand by Nordstrom’s rule of thumb, that the customer is always right. And I believe that you should treat others the way you would want to be treated. I most definitely wouldn’t want to go into a store and be completely ignored!



What is your most memorable experience with a customer?

Our shop is still fairly new, so we haven’t had much experience yet. I think getting our first sale will be forever remembered in our hearts. Ha, that was a good day.


What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?
Each piece in our shop is unique and not one is the same. We like to add our own twist to our accessories and I think it shows.

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

My mom is an extremely crafty person. She’s really taught me everything I know. She just might be the next Martha Stewart, except with out going to jail of course.


Do you have any formal training in your craft?

Just years and years of crafting beside my wonderful mother.


What is your goal for the next year?

To try new things and not be afraid to do so.


What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?

I just stay positive and keep trying to get the word out. I also brainstorm new ideas that would hopefully appeal to customers.


What do you do to attract new clients and encourage re-occurring business?
Keeping things up to date and having a few deals every now and then is something that would perhaps encourage new clients as well as keeping the past ones. I am also so happy whenever someone purchases something and I try to express my gratitude to each who buys from our shop!

If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening
their own store of handmade items, what would it be?
Be patient, get the word out, and just keep doing what you love!



Thanks so much 3Sister for sharing your wonderful pieces with us in the "MADE THAT" community. We understand the sisterly bond, it's a very precious and special relationship. How wonderful that you three get to work together to do create beautiful pieces you love and thank you for wanting to share them with us. Good luck in 2009!
Check out 3Sister's online store located at
http://3sister.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment