Friday, March 20, 2009

Featured Seller - Seeds And Beads

What part of the world are you in?

The United States


What does customer service mean to you?


Customer service, to me, means selling a quality product,
and adjusting that product to the customer's desires, whether that be size, color,ect..


What is your most memorable experience with a customer?


A customer bought a pair of earrings from me for her daughters birthday.
She asked me to address the package to her daughter because she loved getting mail, and she would be so excited to get a package addressed to her. I was happy to be apart of that surprise.

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?


I think what sets me apart from other sellers are the techniques i use.
My Floating Crystal Bracelet technique and my Russian Spiral Bracelet technique are seldom seen in the beading world. I believe a seller, especially in a popular field such as jewelry, needs something DIFFERENT, a spark that pulls a customer into your shop. Another thing that i think sets me apart are my photos. Crisp clear, detailed photos are important in being noticed in my field. The photo sells the product.

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?


I owe everything i know to the fabulous teachers at my local beading shop,
and the many many beading books i have recieved over the years.

Do you have any formal training in your craft?


I took a metal design class in high school. I have
always been intrigued by glass jewelry, but when i discovered the potential of copper, silver and nickel, it expanded my interest in jewelry design. I have also taken numerous jewelry design classes at my local beading shop. I am always looking for more ways to be a student.

What is your goal for the next year?

My goal for the next year has nothing to do with an amount of money. I want people to see my jewelry, and see the beauty that i see in my craft. I want to get my name out there, and let people know that jewelry makers are truly dedicated artists.

What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?


I am constantly keeping myself motivated. If sales are slow, then its time to start making
items again! Of course i want to glue myself to my computer screen and watch for sales, but i pry myself away and remember why i am doing this, because of the craft, not the business aspect of it.

What do you do to attract new clients and encourage re-occurring business?


I make sure to include everyone in my sales. If i don't have a country listed, i ask them to email me! If someone
needs a specific size, i make sure to offer that service. I'm also CONSTANTLY listing new items. The more i list, the more i get my name out there. Who would want to check back into a store that has the same items from a month ago? I try to make it exciting and new.

If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening
their own store of handmade items, what would it be?

Take clear photos. Pick an interesting, clean background that will be consistent throughout your store, and stick with it.
If you can imagine your items on the front page of a website, then you're doing something right.


Kait, owner of Seeds and Beads, is just the sweetest lady you will ever do business with. We loved her designs when we first saw them being posting in the etsy chat, but when we started gabbing back and forth, we really got a sense of her lovely personality. Her 100% positive customer feedback is no shocker and shes always going above and beyond for her customers.

Please check out her darling webshop located at
http://seedsandbeads.etsy.com/

for more beautiful jewelry pieces like the one shown above.

SPECIAL PROMO FOR "I MADE THAT" Bloggers! Seeds And Beads is offering shipping for only $1 in her "Deals" section. All regular priced items (usally ship for $6) are now shipping for only $1.50!


No comments:

Post a Comment