Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Featured Seller - Sensual Designs

What part of the world are you in?

State of California, United States of America

What does customer service mean to you?

Customer service is the most important aspect of business and goes hand in hand with sales. Customer service reflects how a seller conducts business with the customer or prospective customer. This plays a role in the feedback system as well as a means of gathering how satisfactory the quality of your product is and how satisfied the customer was with your service by means of communication, shipping time, and response to any questions or requests. In order to be successful and credible in business, customer service must be a number one priority with your customers.

What is your most memorable experience with a customer?

My most memorable experience with a customer was with my first sale ever made online. Not only did this specific individual show great enthusiasm to the product when received, but also became a repeat customer several times to follow. The feedback I got on about their rants and raves about my product is the one thing that still puts a smile on my face today. It keeps my creativity flowing and continues to challenge me in creating the next memorable product for someone else to treasure.

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?

The one thing that always sets handmade product sellers apart from each other is their unique perception and skill on how they interpret their own creativity and inspiration. Not everyone has creative skills nor the same interpretation of what it is they are trying to accomplish. Therefore, every seller of the same category has something different to offer people.

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

I got to where I am today with my skills by maintaining my enthusiasm for the hobby, my continue inspiration, and always challenging myself to try something new. I never received any formal training on how to create what I do. I made my first pair of earrings when I was a teenager which is where I first became interested in jewelry making and beads. From there, I took on other hobbies and began to teach Scrapbooking where I was than offered to teach Jewelry Making. This is where my enthusiam grew and the aspect of doing different things continue.

Do you have any formal training in your craft?

No.

What is your goal for the next year?

To continue teaching myself new skills in my current profession and expand my business to include additional creations of my other hobbies I enjoy. This I hope will reach a broader audience of buyers, but also share all of my creations with newer prospective buyers. I also plan on growing my business locally with additional promotion for my current and future web sites.

What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?

The fascination I have for colors, beads, and the end product. When sales are slow I take that time as an opportunity to try new things and bring about different products that may help increase my business sales.

What do you do to attract new clients and encourage repeat business?

Different products help to attract new clients. Offering a variety of items within your category will increase your chances of meeting a potentional clients needs. In order to encourage repeat business, this is the easy part. Once someone makes the first step to purchase something and are pleased with the quality and customer service they receive, chances are they will most likely come back. Another major factor in this are the clients who have already purchased. When pleased with the item, they will most likely tell others about your site and what you have to offer. This can also lead to increased business and help in attracting a larger customer base.
A major factor to consider when handling your customers is to always keep them informed of any changes or new products offered. My current site is actually a second site now to the original one I created for my business. Not only do I offer more now, but also ensure to notify previous customers of where I am next so they can continue to come back and always find me.

If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?

Never give up if business starts out slow and always continue to try new things and offer different products to meet the needs of more people rather than an isolated few. Secondly, promote your site by any means possible to ensure you draw new customers in. Most importantly, never settle for what you have to offer always look at opportunities to expand.

Thank you Sensual Designs for sharing your beautiful pieces with us! We know your shop will do amazing in 2009 and we hope to drive some traffic you way.
Check out Sensual Designs jewelry pieces at
http://sensualdesigns.etsy.com/


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feature! I hope everyone is able to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed answering all your questions!

    ReplyDelete