Thursday, April 9, 2009

Featured Seller - Adagio Beadcrafters

What part of the world are you in?

Sunny Florida, USA


What does customer service mean to you?


Customer service means going above and beyond to insure my clients are pleased with their purchases. This includes everything from using quality components to create my designs to listing them for a fair price (both from my point of view AND the purchaser) to packaging them safely and securely and includes follow-up and beyond.


In short, customer service goes from beginning to end and must be a top priority in any successful business.


What is your most memorable experience with a customer?


During the Christmas Holiday 2008, a woman purchased a watch from me for her daughter who was away at college. As often happens when our children move away, this young lady had grown and the watch was too small for her. She e-mailed me about the first of the year and asked if I could make it larger and change the clasp. I'm in Florida. Her college was in New England. I completed these changes without charge and in so doing, not only pleased my new customer but her mother as well. Result? Not just one new loyal client but two. What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?Although I am relatively new to the jewelry business, I try to make my items unique and different. As my skills improve, so do my designs. When I look back at some of the original designs from my old etsy shop versus the more sophisticated items now available on my artfire site, I see a uniqueness that I hope will insure my niche in this market.


How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?


Through trial and error. Lots of error! Practice, practice, practice! I am mostly self-taught. Watching videos on You Tube, reading books and picking up tips from my beading buddy.


What is your goal for the next year?


My goal for next year is to be continue to improve my skills, strengthen my customer base and increase my web presence.


What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?


Obsession! Beading is my obsession, my passion and my joy. When sales are slow, I keep hope alive that someone will browse into my shop and be drawn to my wares, appreciating their uniqueness and thereby validating my skills and rewarding my hopeful attitude.


What do you do to attract new clients and encourage repeat business?


It's a combination of strong customer service and unique design. Making each customer feel as if she or he are your only client and making them happy will keep them coming back.


If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?


Persistence, persistence, persistence. There are going to be many frustrations at all levels. Don't give up! Patience and persistence WILL be rewarded if you hang in there!
**SPECIAL OFFER FOR "I MADE THAT!" BLOG READERS
Mention this blog article in the notes to seller and you will receive a 20% discount on any purchase!
Thank you so much for that awesome deal Heather from Adagio Beadcrafters! We really enjoyed your interview! We'd like to add that your excellent customer service as shown in your answer to your most memorable customer question will certainly make you a most memorable seller! Check out Heathers beautiful jewelry pieces via her online store, adagiobeadcrafters.artfire.com. Prices range from $15-$38 for her lovely creations.

1 comment: