Saturday, April 4, 2009

Featured Seller - Japonicas

What part of the world are you in?

Beautiful Asia, Garden City - Singapore

What does customer service mean to you?

It means everything to me! I work towards providing a service that exceeds my customers' expectation :) Many of my customers are very touched by my sincerity and have became my very good friends and supporters.They are the reason I keep creating :)

What is your most memorable experience with a customer?

There are too many to mention! I have met countless wonderful people who are heads over heels over my creations and keep coming back for more! We become such good friends that we even went out for drinks several times! :)

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?

I set very high expectation for myself, my products' quality and presentation, as well as the customer service that I provide.I push and challenge myself to produce works that impress even myself. :) My passion is another reason that I have overwhelming ideas which set me creating new pieces all the time.I gathered that everything boils down to be able to do something that I truly enjoy. :)

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

I suppose that I am still far from being successful. Japonicas has only emerged 4 months ago and there is still a long and tough road ahead.

Do you have any formal training in your craft?


Well, I have never attended any jewelry making classes. It just came naturally and I perfected the skills along the way.There is always room for improvement though, and many new interesting techniques to learn :)

What is your goal for the next year?

My goal is for Japonicas' faithful supporters to multiply in strength. Sales will be much stabilized with the recovering economy.I will have fixed bazaars and events to meet more people, stable online hit rates and orders as well as regular consignments and wholesales opportunities with boutiques.
A couple of wishful dreams; to have Japonicas in huge malls and to be able conduct jewelry making workshops in my home :)


What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?

When things look deem and spirit is low, my burning passion keeps it going :) The encouragement and support from my loved onesare just as important!

What do you do to attract new clients and encourage re-occurring business?

Well, be open to possibilities and conscious to opportunities. Try getting as much exposure as possible, even if it would mean venturing into unfamiliar grounds. You never know until you try :)
Always exceed your customers' expectations in terms of quality, presentation and service. They will remember you for sure :)

If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?


Know what you can do best, believe in it and keep the passion burning :)

Admin Comment: Thanks so much Jet for this great interview. We were really impressed by your beautiful, feminine pieces and we know your business will flourish over the next year. Passion and determination are key. You have to love what you do and it is clear you have found your calling!

Please check out Japonicas at http://japonicas.etsy.com as well as http://japonicas.com


No comments:

Post a Comment