Monday, April 6, 2009

Featured Seller - Laura Doll Boutique

What part of the world are you in?

I live in beautiful Morgan Hill, California. We are 2 hours south of San Fransisco and only 45 minutes from Sillicon Valley.

What does customer service mean to you?

Customer services means making it easy to buy from my shop! I start with good pictures of the product so they know just what they are getting.
I try to be accurate with size and colour. Once the buyer makes their purchase then i get the item made, packaged safely, and shipping out right away! If a customer has questions about colours or a custom item, I do my best to offer clear helpful anwsers, so they can make the best desision about what bows to buy.

What is your most memorable experience with a customer?

My aunt ordered 40 sets of hair bows for my cousin's dance team. It was one of my more complex styles and they took over two weeks to complete! They were christmas presents so in Jan. I got an email from her saying they were a HUGE hit and all the girls loved them. That made it all worthwhile.

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?

I try to play around with different styles and colour combinations. I want to be the bow shop that has the hard to find colours, sizes, and styles.

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

I have learned a lot from my start on Etsy.com. I am getting much better at communicating with customers, and promoting my shop. The harder i work, the more fun it becomes!

Do you have any formal training in your craft?

I do not. My friend makes hair bows and one day I asked her to teach me. She is actually the one who gave me the link to Etsy.com! Once she showed me basic designs, I bought ribbon and started work!

What is your goal for the next year?

One sale or more per day. I currently have one sale or so each week and am slowly working my way up! I would also like to add more non bow hair accessories to my shop.

What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?

There are always ups and downs. I can get lazy about promoting my shop so a drop in sales keeps me working! I know that is ALWAYS picks up again.

What do you do to attract new clients and encourage repeat business?

I try to get my name out on Etsy.com by posting in the forums and in treasuries. I also have a link to my shop in my email signature, so LOTS of people see it that way.
I do get a few sales by work of mouth as well.

If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?

Everyone says this... Have good pictures!! and make sure you keep up with your shop.
List new items often, and promote promote promote!

Admin Comment: Thanks so much Laura for participating in our blog and letting us show off your beautiful bows! These remind me of the bows and clips my mother used to make me when I was little that would colour coordinate with my outfits. These bows are a great accessory for the little princess in your life.
Do you have a little girl at home who loves all things pretty? Pick her up a special little gift for no reason at all! These beautiful bows are available for only $1.75-$3.50 / pair.
Check out
LauraDollBoutqies shop, located at http://lauradollboutique.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment