Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Featured Seller - Blue Scarab Jewelry

What part of the world are you in?

I am in Franklin, IN, near Indianapolis

What does customer service mean to you?

Everything! I would not be in business without my customers, so I make it a priority to give them a wonderful buying experience from start to finish.



What is your most memorable experience with a customer?

It would have to be this super-sweet gal that lives here locally to me. She admitted that she is "Addicted" to my shop, and whenever she has some extra cash, she pops in and purchases a new piece(or two!) of jewelry. She always asks for extra business cards to hand out for me. That is the greatest compliment for a customer to be so into your work that she wants to help get the word out!

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?

I pour my heart into the pieces I make, and I do think it reflects in my work. Plus I believe that Quality craftsmanship and Customer Service are all part of the package, so I thrive on giving my customers a fabulous experience from the moment they step "eyes" into my shop. I also offer a "Lifetime Guarantee" on my work, so if anything were to happen to their jewelry, they can always send it back and I'll fix it!

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

Online tutorials, crafting forums,20and over 10 years of tweaking and perfecting! A great thing about making jewelry is that there are endless techniques and processes, so I am constantly learning new things, which I love.
Do you have any formal training in your craft?
Nope, unless you count online tutorials lol:)


What is your goal for the next year?

My goal for 2009 is to take my business more seriously and work on keeping a consistent Style & Image. I want to be one of the shops where you just see one of my item photo's and say "Oh, that's Blue Scarab!" If I want to be taken professionally, I have to get it together professionally.

What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?

Creating new pieces always keeps me motivated and hopeful. That and perusing the other fabulous Etsy shops that are still doing well in tough times keeps me going.


What do you do to attract new clients and encourage re-occurring business?

I am walking advertisement for my jewelry-I NEVER leave the house without a couple pieces on, and people always ask where I got it from. I have business cards handy and whip them out like crazy! And I always put discount coupons in with my orders to encourage repeat business. I also like to include something else small I've made, usually a stamped bookmark or a card, just to say "thank you."


If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?

One thing?! Always believe in yourself and stay strong. Success will not happen overnight, but don't let that discourage you. Keep pushing!

Thanks Blue Scarab Jewelry for the fantastic interview! We love your exquisite wire wrapping and stunning gemstones! Each piece is interesting to look at, and very unique! We wish you all the luck with your sales this year, we know you will do awesome!
Check out Blue Scarab's official website at
http://bluescarabjewelry.com, and to view more pieces like the one you see above, visit their online shop, http://ambersjewelry.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment