Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Featured Seller - Marieisabella's Little Shop of Creatures

What part of the world are you in?

I live in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

What does customer service mean to you?

It's making sure your customer is 100% happy with their purchase, if there is a problem I will fix it:)


What is your most memorable experience with a customer?


It was my first sale, the look on their face of how happy they were, was the best memory.

What sets you apart from other sellers who are selling similar items?

I really care about my work, the moment I start on a piece, I put my heart and soul in it.

How did you learn the skills that make you successful today?

I did attend college, that helped me perfect my skills and there I was able to create art that I wouldn't have had the resources to make otherwise.

Do you have any formal training in your craft?

Yes, I received my Bachelors in Art, my concentration was in Ceramics.

What is your goal for the next year?

My goal is to add more items to my store and offer a wide variety of items, from jewelry to customized stuffed animals.

What keeps you motivated when sales are slow?


I just chat up in forums and meet new people in the chats, making new friends in etsy is a great way to promote and support others, in return they promote and support you! If I end up trading with a seller for a wonderful item, that it was a good week!

What do you do to attract new clients and encourage repeat business?

I promote in the forums, on my blog and offer sales. Also I talk about my art at work, and get a lot of new clients that way as well.


If you could share one piece of advice with someone who is considering opening their own store of handmade items, what would it be?

Open up shop and don't have too high of expectations, you might not get a sale for months but work at your shop, promote it and eventually it will pay off. Rome wasn't build in a day! Don't give up, if anything you are expressing yourself and your talent, and that in itself is worth the effort.

Please Visit Marieisabellas Little Shop of Creatures! You can find her works for sale in her etsy store
http://marieisabella.etsy.com. Also check our her blog www.marieisabellasart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment